Friday, June 15, 2007

My Second Stop On My Journey~June 11-June16




















Well after a fabulous time in Hawaii, Gabi dropped me off with Laura. We met her at IHOP for breakfast.

After a yummy breakfast I headed off to go see Laura's house.


















The girls thought I could use a change. Laura had planned to bring me to Seaside & thought I could use some Jersey clothes & some Jersey hair. So they brought me to target and got me this cool skateboard & board shorts.

Next at Laura's house Rachel hooked me up with this radical red streak in my hair.

I think it makes me look kind of artsy.


What do you think?

















Next we took a group shot before gabi headed home & left me to Laura's care.











The next morning Laura got me up early & Caleb, Rachel, Laura, & I packed up & got in the car & headed to Seaside. I was so excited to see the Jersey shore. I mean Hawaii is nice, but nothing beats New Jersey's beaches.

Unfortunately it was rainy in Seaside so we only stopped to have this one picture taken...check out the ocean behind me. As you can see Ray & I are freezing our tooshies off.

So we decided to get back in the car & head towards Somerville again. Well the sky cleared up a bit & Laura & the kids suggested we stop at another Jersey beach, Sandy Hook. So we were off again on another adventure.

Here are some shots of me at Sandy Hook. In the first one I am relaxing on my towel. If you look closely you can see my new tattoo (Laura's husband David gave me a few too many glasses of red wine & the next thing I knew I woke up with a tribal tattoo around my ankle. Wow Laura & her husband really know how to show their friends a good time)& it didn't hurt a bit. In the other shot I am relaxing on the bridge of the sand castle that Caleb & Rachel built for me.












I have had a really good time visiting the beautiful Garden State, but I am ready to head off for my cruise. I will post again when I am packed & headed out to meet Amy & Jen!











6 comments:

Jennifer and Amy said...

Oh my ... look how great your new hair and your tattoo look! You are a wild woman MJ!! Loving that one of your new friends has a Canada t-shirt on!!

Laura S. said...

Rachel just got back form Niagra Falls. She went wiht her sister Kailey & my parents & had a great time. Too bad MJ couldn't have joined her there.

Laura

Meghan said...

MJ, glad you had a good time in Jersey with Laura.
Jersey girls are the best.
Perhaps when you visit me, I will jaunt on over to Philly & show you some sites or maybe keep you local but I think a cheesesteak is in your future!

Nancyroo said...

LOL! Love the tattoo!

Going For Greatness said...

You sure did have a blast here in NJ! I know you were a little wild (what with getting your tattoo and hair done, jersey style!!)
Can't wait to see where you're goin'next!!
~Gabi

Dustanne said...

wow looks like a great time!!!!!